189 Visa Subclass
The Skilled independent visa is a permanent visa for Australia.
Skilled migrants who are not sponsored will use this visa subclass. With this visa, you can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia, and eligible family members can be included in your application. The skilled migrant and family will remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights.
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, you must:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
- Score at least 60 points in the skilled migration points test
- Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive at the time the invitation is issued
- Have suitable skills assessment for an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Meet the English language requirements
- Meet health and character requirements
Invitations are based on claims made in your Expression of Interest. Once invited, your application must reflect the information provided in your Expression of Interest, and be supported by relevant evidence.
What we do
Registered Migration Agents at Study Pro specialize in helping you prepare your skills assessment and your expression of interest with SkillSelect.
Additionally, experienced Registered Migration Agents at Study Pro are able to provide assistance with the:
- Assessment of your points
- Advise on a migration plan
- Prepare and lodge your skills assessment with a strategy to maximise your points score
- Prepare and lodge your visa with the Department of Immigration